Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hobbit: Hello Diary. Please meet my family.

 


This being my first entry into the Doggy Diary, I suppose I must introduce myself. My name is Samuel Hobbit. Just call me Hobbit. (That's me on the top left.) I am most likely a mix of beagle and basset hound and I have one eye. It's okay, really. I don't mind. I've adjusted just fine and rather love my life here with my family. Well, I could probably do without so many dogs in the house. There's Gus, (Augustus McCray), a tall, skinny-legged tri-colored guy. He's nice, but God love him, he seems to have a few nervous quirks. The two of us get to sleep with our mommy and daddy. There is also Buster Brown Boogle Bear. Buster makes me nervous sometimes. He is big! He weighs nearly 85 lbs., but I don't think he realizes it. He's a mixture of black lab and coonhound, we think. Oh, and he slobbers a lot. And then there's Abby Grace. Let me tell you, there is nothing "grace"ful about her. We think she is a mix of poodle and terrier, or "terror," and possibly schnauzer. She's bossy and her bark can pierce a person's ear drums. My mommy and daddy tell her that it's a good thing she's cute, because she'd be long gone otherwise. (She's a bit of a diva.) Oh, and of course, I can't forget my mommy and daddy. I love them very much and they take very good care of us. They love all dogs. As a matter of fact, they are fostering an eight-month-old puppy named Huck right now. He's very handsome and appears to be a coonhound-shorthaired pointer mix. That's him in the picture above. I know, he's awfully big to be a called a "puppy." My mommy found him abandoned on the side of a road about five months ago. My daddy and she have had a difficult time deciding whether or not to adopt Huck, but they recently determined that he'd do better in a home with fewer dogs. (Geez, don't I know it.) Anyway, he is going to live with a wonderful new mommy and daddy in a couple of weeks. So, I guess that should catch you up, Diary. Now, on to me ...


Last night was a good night. I didn't pee on the bathroom floor, the bedroom carpet or even downstairs by the couch - all my usual places. This is a very good thing because I've been doing it a lot lately, and especially because my mommy and Poncho, (that's what I call my Daddy), paid $91 yesterday afternoon to have the carpet cleaned. It was money well-spent, and I am happy they did it because I was a bit embarrassed by the lingering evidence of my minor infractions. Well, there are still two yellow "places," (that's what we'll call them), and I'm hoping they won't notice. (They are next to the closet doors. Ssshhhh.) Anyway, I think the reason I didn't pee all night is because my Poncho took me outside to pee at midnight, and also because my Cushing's medicine is working. Yay! (I'll explain about my Cushing's Disease diagnosis another time.)

Right now I am in the garage waiting for my Poncho to come back from golfing. When he comes back he will come get me, carry me upstairs to bed and then cuddle with me while we watch the Mountaineers play. They are getting beat by Syracuse right now from what I understand. My Poncho better hurry up and get back so they can start winning again!

Oh, and the reason I call my daddy Poncho is because we used to rob banks together. Me Lefty, he Poncho. (That's a fun little story he came up with. He's very good at telling stories. Besides, I would never rob a bank. I couldn't move fast enough.) Anyway, we are compadres from way back. He nicknamed me Lefty because I have only the one eye - my left one. He also calls me Powerball, Hiram, Sugar Bear, and his KoochiKooBooBoo. My mommy calls me her little Pumpkin Cherub. Well, it depends on the time of year. At Christmas I am her Cranberry Cherub. In springtime I am her Tulip Cherub. You get the idea.

Okay, I am going to go back to sleep now and dream of my Poncho coming home to see me. :)

Signed,
Hobbit

No comments:

Post a Comment