Thursday, February 17, 2011

Buster: I'm lovin' this weather!

My maw and paw said it won't be spring until late March, but boy it sure felt like spring today. The sun was shining and a fresh breeze was blowin'. I must've picked up a dozen new scents! The Coon Dog in me was just eatin' that up! I played all afternoon with my bubbies and sissy. We ran after squirrels and barked at the neighbors walkin' by.  Even Hobbit was joinin' in on the fun. He was chasin' his favorite red ball all over the yard. I haven't seen him do that in a while. He must be feelin' better these days.

Cousin Adam is gonna spend the weekend with Gus, Hobbit and me while Maw and Paw go away for the weekend. Abby and Huck won't be here. (That's like a vacation for us older guys!) Abby's goin' to Aunt Mary's house, but Huck's gotta stay at the kennel. I feel kinda bad for the pup, but Maw's working with Aunt Erin (Huck's Godmother) to see if she can keep him at her house in the future.

I know I complain about Abby and Huck sometimes. It's just that it can get pretty old havin' Abby bark at me all the time. And Huck, he's always naggin' at me to play outside with him. But, hey, they do bring some excitement to the place. Gus isn't up to gettin' too rowdy and Hobbit doesn't really hang out with us dogs, so I have to admit I kinda like the two youngsters. They keep this ol' boy young. I may be 10, but sometimes I feel like a pup again.

Night,
Buster

Maw took this picture of us barkin' at the neighbors next door. 
See? I'm right in there with the youngins. Yep, I'm still the big guy.

Here's Hobbit playing with his red ball. 
As you can see he can get kinda worked up.


1 comment:

  1. Hey, Buster~

    The weather was great down here today, too. My mommy has been so sick with something in her head (daddy says not to say anything about that last comment) and she has had medicine that makes her sleep all the time. We have to be quiet around her ALL the time.

    Usually that is easy for me cause I like to sleep--but sometimes I get like Hobbit. Even though I am 10 years old like you, I just gotta chase my tail and climb on dressers and knock things off. I don't know why-- I guess cause it's fun. Looks like Hobbit had a blast with his red ball there.

    You guys take care, and you enjoy some down time.

    Your pal,
    Jade :)

    p.s.--I like the top picture, too. I bet people think twice before they ring your doorbell!

    ReplyDelete