Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Hobbit: Pedro, My Puerto Rican Cousin

My mommy said I have a cousin who just moved to the states from Puerto Rico. His name is Pedro, he is part-beagle and has one-eye, just like me. He was flown here for the chance to find a nice home. His dream was finally becoming a reality, except he didn't know that, at least not yet. It had been a really long day of flying for poor Pedro. He'd been stuck in that travel kennel for way too long. I can't imagine being cooped up like that riding in the belly of a loud metal beast with a bunch of suitcases and boxes and no one around to comfort me. I know he had to fly in a plane to get here, but I think he'd just had too much stress and confusion for one day and that's why he broke free and ran like the wind. Thing is, it's quite blustery in Boston this time of year. Nope, no sunny Caribbean sunshine to warm his cold nose. I bet he second-guessed his split-second decision a third, fourth and even fifth time. Well, thankfully there were a lot of really nice people who work at the airport and they did everything they could to find Pedro. The little sato (that's Puerto Rican slang forstreet dog; I learned that from my mommy) was no where to be found and spent a bitter cold night who knows where. Thankfully, it ended well. Now he will have his chance to find a forever home. Good for him. I know from experience that it's worth the wait.

Here's Pedro's story: Rescuing A Rescue

Love,
Hobbit

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Hobbit! That's a famous Cousin you have there! So happy he is safe!

    Your Pal,
    Jade :)

    ReplyDelete