Friday, February 25, 2011

Abby: Hello? I'm in here!


Mommy and Daddy stayed up late talking last night while munching on a delicious, ginormous Ho-Ho that a good friend made for them. At least that's what I heard. I wasn't there and here's why. Daddy came home with a bunch of homemade goodies and other delectables given to him by very good family friends. One of those gifts was a huge pack of fancy beef from out west and it needed to go into the freezer in the garage right away. Well, that obviously required the assistance of my bubbies and me, so we accompanied Mommy and Daddy to the garage to help them store the meat. Fast forward about an hour later when they decide to go to bed. Only then do they realize I'm not in the house. (Really? A whole hour? I'm losing my touch.) Anyway, they freak out, Mommy runs outside in her plaid flannel pajamas yelling into the dark night, "Abby! Abby!" Daddy runs upstairs to see if I snuck up there. Nope. My Mommy frantically calls upstairs to Daddy, "I'm getting in the car and looking for her!" She said she drove all the way to the wooden bridge worried to death that I was lost somewhere in the cold, wet and foggy night. She said she kept praying to God, "Please let us find Abby! We have to find our little girl!" Then Daddy gets in his car and drives to look for Mommy, (because she ran out without her cell phone), to tell her that he had found me in the garage. I was there the whole time! Mommy and Daddy were so happy to see me and I was ecstatic to see them. I wiggled with joy! Mommy asked me why I didn't bark to let them  know I was in the garage. I told her I thought it was bedtime. I mean, it was after midnight. Where did they expect me to go at that hour?

So, Mommy and Daddy, there's a lesson to be learned here: If you hadn't thought the worst and assumed I snuck outside, then you wouldn't have been driving around the neighborhood in the middle of a cold, damp and windy night in your pajamas and slippers searching for me.

Once again I have proven that I am a good girl! Why do I have to keep pointing this out?! (Ahem, January 29 entry.)

xoxo,
Abby

1 comment:

  1. Abby!

    So unfair to be forgotten. It has happened to me a couple times, and I DO NOT like it.

    I think you were too nice to them. I would have stuck my nose up in the air and twitched my tail a few times to show them I was irritated and to remind them I was boss of this place.

    Try that the next time!

    Your Pal,
    Jade

    ReplyDelete