Saturday, January 29, 2011

Abby: I'm a good girl!

Mommy and Daddy were worried for no reason! I was a good little girl while Mommy was out of town. Daddy was quite pleased with me! Huck is another story. Looks like they should have been focusing their worries on him instead. Daddy caught Huck chewing on the corner of the new area rug. He explained to Huck that such behavior will not be tolerated. Huck was a good boy and stayed away from that rug ... only until the next morning. Apparently he forgot what Daddy told him just several hours earlier. I think his attention span needs some work. Anyway, Daddy talked to him again and when Mommy got home from her trip she sprayed Bitter Yuck on the corners of the rug. So far, so good. There is an obvious takeaway from this story: Abby is a good girl! Huck still needs work.

Oh, and something exciting is going to happen tomorrow! You see, my mommy wrote an article for Guideposts magazine and it will be published in the June issue. It's a story about Hobbit. Anyway, Guideposts is sending a photographer to our house in the morning to take pictures for the article! Of course, most of the pictures will be of Hobbit, but the rest of us get to be in some of the pictures, too! So, Mommy and Daddy have been busy straightening up the house and bathing Hobbit and trimming his nails. Mommy also and gave me a trim around the eyes and mouth, washed my face and brushed my fur. I think I look kind of pretty! Tomorrow morning the big guys will get their turn. My mommy and daddy are kind of dreading the group picture, though. We all know how the Christmas card photo shoot went. Let's hope things will go smoother with a professional photographer in charge. 

Well, I better get my beauty sleep.

Love, 
Abby xoxo

4 comments:

  1. Hey, Abby!

    So cool. Tell my Buddy, Huck, hello. I'm sorry to hear about his trouble with rugs. Blue used to like to sit on them, and Mommy would shoo her off of them.

    I have heard about those photo shoot things. Mommy had something like that too. She was really nervous, but then she came home real happy and talked a mile a minute about how fun it was. I think you will like it.

    I wouldn't let anyone put water on my face! I don't like it. Yuck. Good luck with that. :)

    You guys smile pretty tomorrow. And say "doggy biscuits" when the man shoots your picture.

    Night!

    Your Pal,
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job, Abby (and Caroline!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Caroline!
    I loved your Christmas card picture! I bet the GP picture will be just as good, if not better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all for reading The Doggy Diary! :)

    ReplyDelete