Monday, January 31, 2011

Hobbit: My Big Day!

Well, yesterday was my BIG day! The photographer, Mr. Cunningham, came to our house to take MY picture for Guideposts magazine! My Poncho wanted to dress me up in little tan and white striped seersucker pants and brown saddle oxfords, (that would have gone nicely with my coloring, I think), but Mommy said Guideposts probably didn't want us to get too fancy. The photographer was very nice and I won him over quite quickly. I felt very comfortable around him. Maybe too comfortable because I kept falling asleep. For the first portion of the session I was lying on my back in my Poncho's arms, (my usual position), and when I do that I instantly doze off. I was getting tired of them waking me up, but Mr. Cunningham said it was important to keep my one eye open to show that I have just the one eye. 

Things got more interesting when Mommy got out my little red Kong toy. That perked me up right away! Mr. Cunningham liked that and he took lots and lots of pictures. After more pictures of me with Mommy and then all three of us, it was time to photograph the whole family. 

Mommy, Poncho and Mr. Cunningham were all a bit concerned that it would be the most trying part of the day. They were right. To make things as easy as possible they decided to have us all sit on the couch. Huck and Abby couldn't sit still and were climbing all over us. I don't think Gus ever looked at the camera. He seemed to be doing his best to not participate. And I could tell Buster was starting to get aggravated with Mr. C repeatedly snapping his fingers over his head trying to get his attention, saying, "Buster! Buster! Buster!" Boy, you should've seen the look on Buster's face. Mommy and Poncho knew he was getting perturbed, but they didn't tell Mr. Cunningham that. Didn't want to make him nervous by pointing out that the 90 lb. dog was about to have a melt down. Even with all that going against him, I think Mr. C was able to get a couple of good pictures. He was patient with us and he is a talented photographer.

We ended the photo shoot with a walk outside. That didn't go as well as hoped. I think it was just time to call it a day. A three-hour photo shoot can make a dog "dog tired!"

It was all in all very exciting and our whole family is thrilled about Mommy's article being published in June. 

Good night, Diary!

Love, 
Hobbit

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Hobbit!! Congrats, Big Guy! Can't wait to see your article in June. That's Mommy's birthday month. :) Her article will be in May. She only had a 2-hour photo shoot. I think her friend Dawn was more easy to shoot than all you dogs were. LOL

    You take care, Buddy!

    Love,
    Your Pal,
    Jade

    ReplyDelete