Thursday, October 28, 2010

Abby: Rock n' roll! It's my turn!

Hello Diary, my name is Abby Grace. I am the only girl doggy in my family. That's me in the picture. Don't let my good looks fool you. I am quite smart. In fact, I'm rather clever - and very quick! Most of my days involve grabbing something I shouldn't, barking at a rather impressive eardrum-piercing pitch, or pulling Hobbit's tail. Lately, I've taken a liking to going after his leg. He's not too fond of this, but I find great joy and amusement in it. Mommy tells me  "No!," but I can only remember that command for about five seconds. This frustrates her, but what does she expect? I mean, I'm a dog, so I live in the moment! Another game I enjoy playing is sneaking out the front door. Mommy and Daddy come yelling for me and I just keep running and running. It's sooooo much fun! I know Mommy means business, though, when she gets into the car to come get me. I run straight to her and give her my best "I love you!" expression. She wants to get mad at me, but Dog Training 101 tells mommies and daddies that they should never, ever punish a dog for reluctantly coming after several attempts. Always praise, no matter how long it takes the doggy to respond. I think this is hilarious! It's a win-win for me. :) 

Well, that gives you an idea of my typical day. Always something to get into. Tomorrow ... game on!

Signed,
Abby


2 comments:

  1. Abby- You know what? My sister, Bandit runs away all the time and will never, ever let mom or dad or anyone catch her. But the 13 year old has figured out if you give her tuna juice she is catchable. LOL She is smart and stupid, too, but she is a cat, and tuna juice is the nectar of the Gods.

    Also, you have the same name as my mommy's neice. How cool is that? She is red haired and hard to catch, too. I wonder if it is her name or her hair color that makes her that way.

    Tell Hobbit hello for me and your other siblings, too.

    Your new friend,

    Jade :)
    Meow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mommy's niece sounds like she'd make a great playmate for me. And, listen, Jade, don't let them con you with that tuna juice. *Just Say "No* and keep running! You can always go back and they will be thrilled when you return. See? Win-win!

    Your Pal,
    Abby

    ReplyDelete