Monday, November 8, 2010

Huck: It's official!

I just found out today that I get to stay here with my foster parents! As of 8:30 this morning I am a "bone-a-fide" member of this family! My dad said that from now on November 8th is Huck Stays Day!

When my mom and dad first saved me more than five months ago the intention was to find a good home for me somewhere else. They already had Gus, Buster, Hobbit and Abby and they didn't want five dogs again. They would tell people they wanted to downsize, but "we" kept finding them! Well, Mom and Dad did find a nice couple to take me - Erin and Jeremy. I enjoyed visiting with them and even grew to love them. The problem was their little dog Josie. She stressed me out. It's not that she did anything wrong. I just get really nervous around new dogs and people, and even new surroundings. Erin and Mom did everything they could think of to make me feel comfortable around Josie, but I just wasn't having any of it. Well, Mom and Erin talked this morning and they agreed they want what is best for me and that means keeping me where I am. They originally thought a home with fewer dogs would be ideal for me, but Mom started to see that I had become quite happy and comfortable exactly where I am. Abby and I are buddies. We play a lot and take naps together. I don't bother Gus and Hobbit - too much. Buster and I even have fun playing together. Sometimes we butt heads, but for two male coonhound mixes living under the same roof we get along pretty well.

Sleeping peacefully with my sister Abby.

I want to thank my Godparents, Erin and Jeremy, for wanting me to be a part of their lives and for buying a new collar and food bowl for me. I really appreciate that they were willing to give me a loving home.

Today is a big day and I am going to celebrate with my family by playing in my yard with my brothers and sister, eating out of my dog bowl, and snuggling with my mom on the couch.

Signed,
Huck ("Bone-a-fide" brother of Gus, Buster, Hobbit and Abby)

P.S. It's 8:00 pm and I just got back from my last day of doggy training, and guess what - I graduated tonight! I even got a diploma! My teacher says I am a very good dog. Today is the best day EVER!

4 comments:

  1. Yay for you, Huck! So happy to hear the news! Congratulations. I am glad to know everything worked out for you.

    From one contented critter to another!

    Your Pal,
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caroline, what a tender story - and beautifully written!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Caroline--This is a great post today. :) Huck is certainly a fortunate and blessed dog, besides being so smart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Huck! I'm certain your test-run with your God Parents made you realize, there's no place like home... :-)

    ReplyDelete