Saturday, July 2, 2011

Hobbit: Freedom for ALL!

It's the holiday weekend and humans are having fun celebrating Independence Day. My mommy and Poncho say we are blessed to live in a nation of freedom. I think America is a very special place because family pets are well cared for here. My mommy said the American Pet Products Association reported that over $48 million was spent on pets in 2010. Wow, that's a lot of money! I know I am very thankful that my mommy and Poncho spent money on me when they found me hurt and lonely on that October day six years ago. They said they knew right away they had to help me, so they took me to the veterinarian and paid to have me neutered, my hernia fixed and my badly injured eye removed. It was a lot for me to go through, but then they brought me home to a wonderful life, one I could have never dreamed of.

There are lots of lucky doggies in America. Mommy recently read an article in The Daily Tail about a dog named Naki'o in Nebraska who had a very sad puppyhood. He had been abandoned in the cellar of a foreclosed home. It was so cold his that paws were frostbitten. Thankfully, he was saved, but all four of his paws had to be removed. A nice lady adopted him and decided to give him the freedom he always deserved. So what did she do? She had prosthetic legs made for him. Isn't that cool? Now he can run around like other doggies! And he's quite good at it! Just look at this video.

I can really relate to doggies like Naki'o. We may have physical challenges, but because of the love and compassion of some kind people we have been given the chance to live full, happy and independent lives!

Hooray for Freedom and God Bless America!

Love,
Hobbit

3 comments:

  1. Hobbit, you deserve all the happiness in the world! (And thank you very much for mentioning The Daily Tail.)

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :-) And that's a great story about Naki'o.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nebraska! That's near where we live :) Wonderful to hear that Naki'o found a good mom to take care of him. We hope you had a great 4th of July Hobbit...we did, though we hid downstairs during the fireworks!
    Love,
    Toby & Lola Arnold

    ReplyDelete