Saturday, November 19, 2011

Hobbit: I've been a busy boy!

Hello, Diary! I'm sorry I haven't written in a while. We've been pretty busy around here. Abby and I found a great digging spot. It's taken a lot of work, but we've gotten the hole about as big as we had hoped. You would be impressed. I know my mommy and Poncho are amazed. They don't seem to be too fond of the mud that's involved with our work. I've found myself in the sink a couple of times. I'm not exactly fond of that myself. Abby says she echoes my sentiment.

Mommy and Poncho have also been busy. They have made numerous trips to the veterinarian for Gus' laser treatments over the past few weeks. He had six visits and seems to be feeling better. Buster's health continues to improve. He only gets sick about every five days or so now. Other than those moments he feels good!

This past week we stayed home with Miss Debbie while Mommy and Poncho traveled. Abby went to Aunt Mary's house. She likes it there and they like her. It works out for all of us. Gus, Buster and I get a vacation from our crazy sister and she gets to spend time with a family that loves her almost as much as Mommy and Poncho do. They even have five dogs for her to play with, so she never gets bored.

We are expecting company tomorrow night. Three family members will be staying with us. I am normally excited about having visitors, but two of the three guests are not exactly dog people. I can't imagine. I say they are missing out. Dogs have a lot to offer: fun, comfort, kisses, cuddles and, of course, unconditional love.

Well, it's cold outside and that puts me in the mood for a nap.

Night, night,
Hobbit xxoo

This picture doesn't do it justice, but the hole Abby and I created really is quite impressive!

6 comments:

  1. Forever Winston's MomNovember 20, 2011 at 4:29 AM

    Hey Hobbit and Abby---great hole, you guys did an amazing job. I can see that you really put your hearts and soles into it. Now, if Mom and Poncho only had something to put into it! Like...a swimming pool! Boo to houseguests who aren't dog people; we have some of those people in our family, too. We still love them even if they don't love us back. It's the Christian way. Just sayin... Well, keep up the good work, digging fantastic holes. Love, Forever Winston's Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go you guys!!! Our ground has been frozen here for weeks and lots of hard packed snow on it. We do did in the snow though and that is fun. I can't imagine anyone not being dog people but you guys need to educate them properly. Don't let them get near your hole or they will probably mess it up. They sound like the kind of people my dad just wrote about in Mother Earth News under the Happy Homesteader. Some people are just missing a gene or two who don't like us. I feel sorry for them. Have fun in your hole, best wishes, Bozwell, Sarah, Echo and Gypsy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Hobbit! I also meant to say that I have been missing you. I didn't know how to get in touch with you other than this blog so I am glad that you finally got around to writing. Yes, you have been busy around there. People who don't like dogs? How can that be? We are the best...loyal, always happy to see them (even if they don't like us much) and never talk back.Happy Thanksgiving, Hobbit. We sure do have a lot to be thankful for, don't we? Your friend in Colorado, Bozwell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hobbit, good to hear from you buddy! You & Abby are excavators! Now Mom & Poncho can put in one of those goldfish ponds. That would really please Abby. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, you have a lot to be thankful for, and so do we. Beth (auntbeth54@yahoo.com)& Beau, Henry, Zephyr & Flame

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hobbit, I'm so glad Buster is doing better! And that hole looks great. My mom doesn't allow me to dig, but Everest, another dog who lives with us, has gotten away with it a few times. (He's a Westie, and I'm a Golden Retriever, so he's obviously a lot smaller.) We're having company this week, too! Four people are here right now; my mom's nephews and niece. And more people will be here on Thanksgiving. Happy Thanksgiving, Hobbit!

    Sadie (Ginger & Everest said 'hi'!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Hobbit: Wonder how you made out with those visitors. Did you get any left overs from the big dinner? My dad snuck us a little piece and man was that good. Mom won't allow us to sample people food as she knows it messes up our digestion. Hope you got a little piece or two along with your brothers and sisters. Bozwell

    ReplyDelete