Sunday, June 5, 2011

Gus: Friends Fur-ever.

Last night Mom and Dad took Hobbit and me with them to visit good friends. Mr. Ken and Miss Grace were very nice to welcome my bubby and me into their beautiful home. They showed us lots of love and gave us treats. And the best part? Meeting their boy Winston! He's a nice fella.

It's good to spend time with friends. Mom says that sometimes humans get caught up in their daily routines and end up missing out on meaningful moments with friends. She knows from recent experience. See, last year one of her best friends moved away. Mom spent as much time as possible with her before she left. It still wasn't enough time. She, and Dad both, miss that fun Sheppard family like crazy. Well, very soon Mr. Ken and Miss Grace will also be moving out of state. Mom and Dad are sad about them leaving and Hobbit and I are bummed to lose a brand new play buddy in Winston.

I wish all humans would interrupt the busyness of their lives every now and then to give a friend a call to say hello; to write a heartfelt note to a faraway loved one; or even to just walk next door to visit a neighbor and check in to see if they need anything. If only humans could experience life through the eyes of a dog, they would better understand the beauty of faithfulness, loyalty, and unconditional love, all of which make up the basic ingredients of a fur-ever friendship.

Thinking of all my friends tonight, both furry and non.

Love,
Gus

This is my new friend Winston. Isn't he a handsome yellow lab?

Here is Hobbit receiving lots of love and attention from Miss Grace and Mr. Ken. 
As you can see, Miss Grace is quite fond of the little man!





5 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww! I will take the message of your blog to heart. You are a beautiful family. Furry or not!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was my post, I must have messed up to be posted as Anonymus! I meant to say-Furry or Non!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Grace! So glad you liked it! :)

    P.S. Hobbit says, "Hello, Miss Grace!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwww sweet Gus! You bring a girl to tears. I feel so lucky to know your fabulous Mom and Dad, and will always treasure the extra time we got to spend together before we moved. AND I know we will have many more fun adventures together! :-) :-) :-)
    Thank you for sharing your warm wise heart... You're right, we humans have a lot to learn from our furry friends!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Gus!

    Just writing to say hello to my furry friends!

    We are fine here except my little sister still can't figure out how to use the cat door! Geesh...We have been trying to teach her like forever now!

    I sure liked your blog. I like to say hello to people who come to my house.

    When will you come to visit us? That would be fun times here. :)

    Love,
    Your Pal,
    Jade

    ReplyDelete