Thursday, June 16, 2011

Gus: Traveling in style!

I love car rides! Well, I think I do. When Mom or Dad open a car door I think, "Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! A car ride!" and I jump right in! (Well, now that I'm in my golden years I need a little assistance.) Anyway, when that car starts moving I suddenly realize this is not exactly what I had in mind. I start panting and and getting nervous. I shed a lot and sometimes my tummy hurts. (That usually does not end well.)

Recently, Mom got a new car and she decided she wanted to keep it clean as long as possible. That last car looked like the day after a sheep shaving festival - so much dog hair! She did some research and found something called a quilted back seat hammock from FetchDog.com. She is very happy with her purchase. Now when I ride in the car my hair stays mostly on the fabric of the hammock and my nails don't leave impressions or holes in the seats. An added bonus is that if I get sick then all Mom has to do is remove the hammock and wash it. I like the hammock because it's very soft and that helps me to relax and enjoy the ride a little. I kinda messed up the other day, though. I didn't wait for her to help me up onto the seat and I decided to crawl in underneath the hammock. Boy, you should've seen the hair I left behind! I don't know if Mom will ever get it all out!

I wonder what Mom will order next? I kinda have my eye on the doggy popsicle. Freeze some treats in that and I'm all over it!

Signed,
Gusaroo

2 comments:

  1. Gus, you are so Handsome! The hammock looks comfy. Maybe Mom & Dad could give you a special car toy to chew on. Chewing relieves tension in dogs. But you only get it in the car! Just sayin' it worked for one of my dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I really enjoy photography.

    Our dogs love car rides, too! They're all older dogs (they're 12, 8, and 9), and they need assistance into the car, too, but once they're in there they love it. It's a tight fit, though, with my mom, my three siblings and I, and our three dogs!

    Yes, my middle name is Caroline. I've always loved it!

    I'm about to look at the other blog; thanks for leaving me the link!

    --Joy

    ReplyDelete