Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Buster: Gettin' better. Mournin' Huck.

What a long few weeks it has been. I'm very thankful to be feelin' better, but I just wish my recovery would pick up some speed. My appetite has increased quite a bit and there have been a couple of days here and there that I've gone without gettin' sick. I'm tryin' to eat and put some weight on.  My last weigh-in was at 63 lbs. I should at least be about 75, but I usually weigh around 85 or 90. Maw and Paw are feedin' me four times a day to get that weight back on me. I'm eatin' more than boiled chicken now 'cause Maw and Paw introduced a special, yummy canned dog food to me. The veterinarian said it's good for dogs like me who have been sick. And, boy, do like Maw's whole wheat bread! So, I guess I just need to be patient and focus on the fact that I am gettin' better. Maybe not as fast as we'd like, but at least I am improving.

Of course, it's been very sad around here the past week. We all miss Huck. Especially Maw and Paw. Maw says it's hard to believe that they had to make the decision that they did, but they know in their hearts that it was the right one. Huck is at peace now and someday we will all see him again. Huck, we miss you more than you know and we hope you are havin' fun rompin' around with Lindsey, Bogey and Annie. We love you.

Love,
Buster

3 comments:

  1. Hi Buster...I have been thinking about you and I'm glad you are doing better. I wanted to tell you that all of us...me, HH, Bugsy and Knuckles, feel bad for all of you about Huck... I hope you know that we are sending purrs your way. Hang in there, pal. The weight will come on and you'll be feeling more pep.

    pawhugs to all of you, Max

    ReplyDelete
  2. Slow but steady beats what came before Buster. I am sorry you are all so sad. You all need to give Mom & Pancho extra loves. They are so thankful to have you all. Glad you are healing up. Love to you all, from Beth, Beau & Henry, Zephyr & Flame

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Buster! We was just wondering how you were doing! We are so glad you are getting better. Just do it one day at a time, our Friend, the important thing is you are getting better. We know you miss Huck. We also purr that you find peace in knowing you did the best you could do, as a family with a lot of love.
    (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete