Saturday, August 27, 2011

Buster: Thankful for health, happiness & bloggin' buddies.

It's been a long couple of months. Nausea, vomitin', emergency surgery, a week in the ICU, losin' 25 pounds, then more nausea and vomitin'. I started to get better, but then I had a setback. Maw, Paw and Dr. Sarah were real concerned. Well, I'm happy to report that it appears as though I really am on the mend this time. Dr. Sarah put me on antibiotics and a new anti-nausea medicine and my body is respondin' positively. I'm eatin' more and have gotten sick only once in the past five days. I'm definitely gettin' some spring back into my step. When Maw and I headed out for a walk yesterday I was so excited I practically dragged her down the street! That made her very happy. :)

Many people have written to us here at "The Doggy Diary." They've sent good wishes, encouragin' words and lots of prayers. Maw says she never knew how wonderful the bloggin' world could be. There really are a lot of fine folks out there.

Speakin' of the bloggin' world, Maw has been asked to write for a pet blog hosted by the local newspaper, The Daily Mail. It's called "Cap West's Pet City." Her first post is titled "The joy and amusement of living with four rescued dogs." She and five other people are takin' turns postin' their thoughts, stories, and whatever else they think the pet-lovin' public might be interested in. Maw said she's real honored to be a part of the blog and is enjoyin' the camaraderie with her fellow bloggers.

I just finished eatin' some ground turkey that was lovin'ly boiled by my Paw. Now it's time to settle down for the evenin'. That is unless I get a whiff of somethin' interestin' outside tonight. There's quite a breeze out there, so I think the odds are in my favor.

Love,
Buster

6 comments:

  1. Buster..... so glad.... doing the happy dance... that you are doing better. Yay for you. Keep it up pal.

    pawhugs, Max

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY that you are feeling better :D and yay to ground turkey!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're feeling better Buster! That ground turkey is good stuff. We all eat it here. When Beau had some tummy trouble and had to eat bland foods for a week, I gave him canned chicken with rice. That was awfully popular here too! So are baked sweet potatoes. And both dogs love a treat made of dehydrated sweet potatoes. They're small so they get "Bichon Fries", but big guys like you can have large slices. The company is called Sams Yams and you can buy them from Amazon if they aren't in your pet store. Beth, Beau & Henry, Zephyr & Flame

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad that you are feeling better, Buster!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay, Buster! We are so happy to hear you are feeling better! Keep eating that turkey. Mom won't give me any, but it smells delicious when she cooks it.

    Your Pal,
    Jade

    ReplyDelete
  6. We came by specifically to see how you're doing. So glad you're feeling better, Buster. Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete