Saturday, August 13, 2011

Gus: My buddy Winston.

Our family lost a furry friend this week. Winston was a friendly, handsome yellow lab whom I had the privilege of meeting earlier this summer. Hobbit and I accompanied Mom and Dad to his home to spend some time with his parents, Mr. Ken and Miss Grace. (See my Friends Fur-ever post.) Winston was such a congenial host. It's no wonder - his parents are also very gracious. He seemed really happy to see us 'cause he came outside with his big teddy bear to greet us! I liked Winston right away. We wagged our tails and enjoyed sniffing each other. He even shared his big basket of toys with me! Yup, Winston was a fine fella.

Thank you, Winston, for being such a great buddy. We hit it off right away, didn't we? I'll see you again someday and we'll have a grand time catching up and playing with more stuffed toys that we could ever imagine!

My buddy Winston and me getting to know one another.

Mr. Ken, Winston and me.

Dear God,
Please bring comfort to Winston's mom and dad. They loved him so much. Help them to find peace in knowing that they gave Winston a charmed life full of treats, toys and love. Amen.

Love,
Gus

4 comments:

  1. Winston's Mom and DayAugust 14, 2011 at 7:13 AM

    Thank you dear Caroline. We are grieving and missing Winston beyond belief. But, we are grateful for the time we had with him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I extend my condolences to Winston's family. And I also have to say to Gus, Until I saw these pictures, I had no idea what a truly handsome old dog you are! I know you'll miss your buddy, just like I know you'll meet again in Heaven. Beth, Beau & Henry, Zephyr & Flame

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thoughts and prayers for Winston's family. So sad to lose a devoted friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sorry for the loss of your friend. We send warm thoughts of hope and encouragement to Winston's family. And we echo your prayer for them.

    ReplyDelete