Thursday, October 13, 2011

Abby: Citronella Cinderella

About a month ago Mommy decided she had to do something about my barking. She said it's excessive and loud. I say it is necessary. Like I wrote in my August 8th entry, I have a job to do and to get that job done I need to bark.

As the only little girl of the house I believe my purpose is to keep the other boys in line, especially Buster. Mommy and Daddy say it's not. We have a difference of opinion. Anyhoo, after much consideration Mommy ordered something called the Gentle Spray Citronella Anti-Bark Collar. I have to tell ya, I wasn't too keen on this idea. I mean, me, Mommy and Daddy's Little Princess, wearing an ugly black collar with a box on it? And on top of that, what little girl wants to smell like bug repellent?

I thought wearing the collar would be a lot worse than what it is. It actually isn't too bad. I learned really quick that if I bark while I'm wearing it, then a funny smell is sprayed just under my chin. I picked up on that connection real fast. Bark = funny smell. I'm pretty smart. So smart I figured a way around it. Being the boss doggy I need a way to communicate to my brothers when they are irritating me. Yes, I am the boss. Buster thinks he is and no matter how often I try to correct him he just ignores me. Talk about infuriating! Basically, that's what usually gets me barking. But, like I said, I've learned that I can communicate with him in quieter ways. I can stare at him and growl just enough so the spray collar won't detect it. Or I can initiate a standoff with him. He usually gives up first and just walks away. I think he's slowly getting the message.



I'm happy to say that the citronella collar was a success. So much so that I almost never have to wear it anymore. I think my mommy and daddy are pleased. And that makes me happy.

Goodnight,
Abby, aka Little Princess

***Oh, by the way, my mommy wrote her version of this experience on the Daily Mail's pet blog, Cap West's Pet City.

1 comment:

  1. Look at that happy, happy face in the last picture! What an adorable face. I am so glad this is working for you. I bet Buster is glad too. ;-D I know it must be frustrating for a dog with even a drop of Schnauzer in them to not bark. But believe me, when you aren't your brothers may listen to you more! auntbeth54@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete