Friday, May 13, 2011

Buster: We're back!

Uh, it seems that a bit of time has passed since one of us Coleman dogs has written you, Diary. My apologies. I do believe the five of us just got purdy busy with our daily lives. Ya see, a lot has been goin' on. For one thing, the weather has been a bit harrowin'. Hail, rain, wind and floodin' one day, sunny, hot and humid the next. It's got me a bit uptight and I gotta release that energy somehow. Well, I noticed that Huck seems to have a great way of dealing with his anxiety, so I thought I'd give it a try. Yup, it appears that couch-chewing is quite therapeutic. Maw was so surprised when she caught me tearin' into that couch the other day. I promised her I wouldn't do it again. She wasn't mad at me 'cause she knows I'm such a good boy. It also helps that it was one of the dog couches in the garage and not a people couch. Nope that wouldn't be good.

The whole couch-chewin' thing purdy much leads in to what else has been goin' on 'round here and that is the usual Coleman doggy dysfunction. First, we got Huck and his crazy energy level that never seems to quell. (Nice word, huh?) Then we got lil' Abby who does absolutely nothin' to help with the situation. Huck gets all excited over everything and starts chewin' on furniture, twigs, newspaper, and whatever else he can get his paws on. Lately he's even started to nip at my legs. I'm not too fond of that and I've told him so. Well, that's where Abby comes in. She gets all riled up and tries to control the situation by barking at me and rough-housing with the Huckster. It's not their fault, I guess. They're good kids, they've just got a lot of "puppy spirit."

"Puppy spirit." I like that. I think no matter how old, tired, and arthritic Gus, Hobbit and I get, we still have a little puppy spirit in us. I know I can't move as fast as I used to and I don't have as much patience as I once did, but deep down I still feel like a big puppy. A big sleepy puppy right now.

Goodnight,
Buster Booglebear

Huck and Buster napping together in the sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment