Friday, May 20, 2011

Hobbit: I'm famous!

So, my mommy and Poncho told me to stay humble, but it's really hard! You see, my mommy wrote an article about me for Guideposts magazine and guess what! It was printed in the June issue which came in the mail today! We are very excited around here!

Do you remember when I wrote on January 31st about the big photo shoot? That was lots of fun, but very tiring. I fell asleep a few times while the photographer was taking pictures. That's very easy to do when I'm lying in Poncho's arms. Anyway, the pictures turned out great! I'll be sure to have my mommy scan in the article and put it on here. (Nevermind, I found a link to the story on the Guideposts website! Here it is: http://www.guideposts.org/pets/angel-dog-restores-health-and-faith)

Back to my being famous. Like I said, my mommy and Poncho have been telling me to stay humble, that it is not very becoming to make it all about me. They said I've been more demanding ... expecting to be fed earlier than the others and to be held more than usual. They tell me that I need to focus on the purpose of the article, which is to touch the reader somehow, whether it's to bring about a smile or hope to simply to warm the heart. They are right. I hope our story did just that for at least one person.

Signed,
Hobbit

8 comments:

  1. Congrats my four-footed friend!

    Love,

    Jade :)

    p.s.-- Did you see my mommy? Didn't she look like she was having fun teaching? I love her so so so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HELLO! I just read your story in Guideposts! It struck a chord with me as we have 4 dogs that make up the Parker Pack! We also do dog rescue and sometimes have a couple of extras! I just loved your story. I have one in our pack, Rhett...a Corgi-Boston Terrier mix...a small guy but the alpha dog for sure! And my Olive...she is a terrier mix..who is my girl! When I am ill or down, Olive is right there for me! Always! Thanks for a wonderful story!!! Kristen Parker, Kennebunk,ME

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winston's and our hearts are warmed for sure! Ken and I loved your story in Guidepost.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Jade,

    Thank you! And, yes, I did see your mommy in the magazine! I know my mommy is very excited to be sharing the June issue with your mommy! Her article ("A Teachable Moment," pg. 70) is wonderful!

    Signed,
    Your buddy Hobbit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Kristen! Thanks so much for writing! It's so awesome to meet others who share the same passion for rescuing homeless dogs. It's a lot of work, but they are so worth it, aren't they? Your dogs sound really cool and I love that we've connected Maine and West Virginia!

    Blessings to you and your family, both furry and non-furry!

    Caroline, aka DogMom

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Grace! So glad you liked the story! Thank you for your kind words and support! Give Winston a big kiss for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi DogMom. We also read Hobbit’s wonderful story in Guideposts. We have always considered our puppy dogs to be some of the best things in life, so following “The Doggy Diary” was an easy decision for us. Thank you for being interested in our writings too, it’s very much appreciated!

    John
    relaxedrush.blogspot.com
    connectedtothevinephotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just a quick note. If you want to read the article, it is at http://www.guideposts.org/pets/angel-dog-restores-health-and-faith

    We just thought someone might think that useful.

    ReplyDelete